Monday, January 2, 2012

Introduction

The purpose of this blog is to be an outlet to reaching many women who are seeking Christ in their lives.  Living a Christian life is not easy...in fact, it is probably the most difficult decision we can make.  However, it is THE MOST important decision we can make in our lives.

Growing up, I was always very interested in "God".  Always felt His presence in my heart.  I was introduced to church by my grandmother.  And of course as I got older, decided I wanted to do what I wanted to do and strayed away from church participation.  So I was captured by "worldly" behaviors yet the desire to live for God was overwhelming.  I didn't have guidance.  I didn't know what I should do or needed to do.  All I knew was, I was unhappy and depressed and this is not what God put me here for.  By this time I had 2 boys out of wedlock and wanting the best for them kept me in a depressed and desperate state.  Until one day I walked into a church named New Mt. Zion.  Pastor Morgan was unlike any pastor I had heard.  He TAUGHT!  He didn't preach.  And his words were God's words.  I know because he always referenced the Bible...and thus I had to read it for myself.  I learned a lot...the foundation was being built.

I am now 38 years old, married for 10 years and together we have 4 children.  I am completeing my senior year towards a BS in Psychology and will persue my Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy. I love my family.  This was something I have always wanted.  I can't say that I've done all things according to God's word but I am continuing to try...with God's help.  Once again without guidance or a manual, I tried doing things my way.  God tore me down every time until I completely surrendered to His will.  I now know through scripture how I should carry myself and behave as a Christian, wife, mother, daughter, friend, etc.  This blog is my way of helping YOU (women who have the desire to live for the Lord) but are confused, unbelieving, or just plain scared.  Here will be a place where we can discuss issues in our lives and seek true Christian guidance to find the solutions. 

As I look at the young women I am surrounded by as well as the ones you see walking through the malls, schools, etc.  I am saddened.  My spiritual eye sees that they are lost and satan loves those lost souls.  I have never seen so many young women giving themselves to men so freely, depressed because a "man" is not treating them right, or suicidal because of how they "think" they look.  We as an older generation have to be the guide for these young people.  As such, we should be living our lives as a great example for them.

In the upcoming year, I will be working on developing my own Bible study workshop for women here in KS.  I want to be able to be a voice for God and help those with questions and concerns about being a Godly woman. I have a strong desire to live the priorities God has prescribed for me and as I proceed with this journey I invite ALL women to join me.  This is my first blog creation so there is still much work to be done.  I welcome any comments, suggestions to make this blog more productive and any suggestions that you would like to see discussed here.

Please tell all your friends about this blog and encourage them to join.  God is doing something special for us this year!! 

4 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous idea. In years past, I have treated God in the same manner that I have exercise; I get gung-ho for a while and then before I know it, I fall off and get relaxed. This has to stop. I have many plans for this year and I know they are all possible, but I have to put Him first and put forth the same amount of effort towards my spirituality as I do toward my financial and professional goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly!!! But it's human nature. We have to press forward and stay focussed. Even with my schooling, I will focus on just getting my assignments done which will limit my Bible study time because I choose to do other things when I do have free time. I just need to prioritize because it's much easier when you've got God's help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats what I plan on doing as well. Putting God first and stop worrying about tomorrow, or even better yet stop worrying all together and give it ti the Lord and let him handle it. All I want to do is get moved, and find me a church home, and start going to church and quit making excuses on why I am not going to church. This was an excellent idea Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God Theresa and thanks for the compliment. I hope this can propel us all.

    ReplyDelete