Friday, February 3, 2012

The Wife of Noble Character

As women, we are created to have a positive and profound impact on everyone around us--whether it be our husbands, children, friends, customers, or society in general.  Being a woman is a blessing, and being a wise woman blesses others in ways that can't be calculated.

Late to bed, early to rise

A wife of noble character wears many faces and fills many roles that can change with the seasons of her life.  She draws her strength from the Lord to lay down her life for those she loves.  What is her reward?  Her children adore her.  Her husband cherishes her company, trusts her judgement, and brags about her to all his friends.  She will be remembered long after she's gone.  Not as a woman of beauty and skill but as a woman who sought God first.


As I ponder over the years of just my life, I can count on one hand the number of Godly women I have encountered.  I mean to the point where it doesn't need to be said that they are women of God.  It simply showed through their character.  Nowadays, and since the reality is that most women now are expected to work or need to in order to help contribute to household finances I don't see a lot of women who are willing to put forth the kind of effort for our family and friends that is described in Proverbs 31:10-31.  I'm finding that a lot of younger women tend to steer towards hanging out and having fun instead of doing everything there is to do to make sure their family is taken care of.  And sometimes that may include doing things that you don't feel like doing.  I worked full time, attended college full time, all while raising 3 kids and having a husband.  It's not easy.  And there were plenty of times where I felt like  "ok, I've worked all day too so why do I have to cook dinner (lol)".  But it took me to understand my role as a woman of God, a wife and a mother.  Now don't get me wrong.  Its always nice to have a little help every now and then but I feel like it is our duty to make sure our homes are in order; that our husbands and children have all that they NEED.

I love taking care of my husband and kids.  I love being in the position to give or help someone in need.  I just ask God to continue to help me grow; help me to gain the status of a noble woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment